· Poland received two main awards on the prestigious European ATM Awards 2020
· The specialists awarded the prizes for the pioneering works on creation of the built-in drone system
· PANSA gathered the very best variety of votes from the judges throughout all six classes
· Whereas the COVID-19 pandemic has ravaged the air transport sector over the previous yr, the ATM trade is continuous to innovate and evolve
Polish drone flights coordination system PansaUTM received in two classes of the ATM Awards 2020 organized by Air Visitors Administration Journal and Unmanned Airspace Journal. PansaUTM received the Total Excellence award for the 2020 ATM trade awards, and likewise was ranked first within the ANSP UTM Initiatives class.
– What impressed the judges specifically was the dimensions and pioneering nature of the work undertaken by the PANSA UTM consortium – mentioned Philip Butterworth-Hayes, editor of Unmanned Airspace.
The jury appreciated the work which “concerned, inter alia, organising a posh community of digital communications between controllers and drone operators to make the flight-related course of for visual-line-of-sight and beyond-visual-line-of-sight operations fast and straightforward”.
– Whereas the COVID-19 pandemic has ravaged the air transport sector over the previous yr it’s clear from the competitors entries that the ATM trade is continuous to innovate and evolve – underlined Claudia Bacco, Assistant Editor of Air Visitors Administration Journal.
Profitable of two ATM awards is one other distinction for Poland within the space of drone initiatives. Within the final Eurocontrol report Poland was indicated because the chief of the preparation to implement the U-Area.
– Poland as one of many first European Union international locations regulated points associated to unmanned aerial automobiles. Out of 16 U-Area initiatives which European international locations need to implement earlier than 2030, 9 have already been efficiently applied in Poland and we’re working laborious on the subsequent six – mentioned Minister Marcin Horała.
Exemplary place of Poland on this space is confirmed additionally by the report by Drone Business Insights consulting firm. Within the report Poland was named probably the most pleasant European nation for the drone-involving actions, and the second finest on the earth simply after the Singapore.
Applied on March 2 2020 PansaUTM system is a basis of the event of the U-Area idea which covers protected and efficient integration of each manned and unmanned plane (UAV). That is the primary and the one one in Europe operationally deployed system primarily based on digital coordination of UAV flights and digital administration of requests and clearances for such flights.
– As an air visitors administration establishment we observed very early a rising function of unmanned aviation and its quite a few functions– harassed the President of the Polish Air Navigation Providers Company Janusz Janiszewski. – We’re at all times attentive to the protection side of air visitors and see the necessity to make sure the protected coordination of unmanned plane flights with manned aviation operations. The PansaUTM system is essential to making sure truthful and protected entry to airspace for all customers – provides Janiszewski.
PansaUTM consists of the proprietary PANSA working options and the system half built-in with the applying hottest amongst drone operators in Poland– DroneRadar. The system permits for quick, digital, non-verbal communication between air visitors controllers and drone operators. Inside PansaUTM drone operators can rapidly verify flight restrictions within the given space, digitally submit flight plan, and obtain clearance for a flight if it doesn’t endanger the protection of different plane. For the air visitors controllers PansaUTM in flip supplies details about UAV flights deliberate within the airports’ space and allows issuing clearances for a flight – as is the case in manned aviation.
As underlined by the Head of UAV Operation’s Division Maciej Włodarczyk “it is a large step ahead”. – In whole, a yr after launching PansaUTM system we have now registered virtually 300 000 unmanned operations all through Poland: greater than registered manned Normal Aviation flights within the uncontrolled airspace in 2020 – he explains.
It’s price mentioning that in February 2021 PansaUTM ver 1.2 was operationally deployed. It consists of numerous new functionalities for drone operators, air visitors controllers and flight data providers officers, i.e. so known as computerized clearances operate, and since February third PansaUTM system can also be functioning in any respect lively air visitors management towers and flight data providers in Poland.
– As a normal aviation pilot and drone operator, to me, crucial side of PansaUTM system was to construct a bridge between “the normal aviation” and fully new department of aviation – unmanned plane – mentioned Mateusz Kotliński, Head of U-Area Program and PansaUTM Undertaking Supervisor. – At PANSA we shared this strategy and I’m glad that we have now created the ecosystem to combine manned and unmanned aviation, supporting protected procedures and operations particularly within the managed zones in Poland – he added.
There are virtually 200 000 drone operators in Poland and that quantity is fast-growing. In keeping with the estimates of the Polish Financial Institute, by 2026 the worth of the drone market will quantity to three.26 billion zloty, which can carry as much as 576 billion zloty for your entire financial system. Making ready for such adjustments the Ministry of Infrastructure, the Civil Aviation Authority and the Polish Air Navigation Providers Company are implementing the challenge “Digital providers for unmanned aerial automobiles”. This system is price over 61.5 million, zloty, 85% of which (51 million zloty) was obtained from EU funds underneath the Digital Poland Operational Program
Please give a like or touch upon Fb for help Us
Go to our store Finest Drone Store
Go to our sponsor Virtualrealityuse