Phoenix Air Unmanned, LLC (PAU) is in search of data on the provision of Unmanned Plane Programs to assist linear infrastructure inspections. The uswill be operated by PAU who has been contracted by Xcel Vitality as their unmanned flight service supplier and so they plan to buy a minimal of four plane initially with the potential for extra plane sooner or later. Xcel Vitality, Inc. owns over 120,000 miles of transmission and distribution infrastructure throughout eight states (CO, MI, MN, NM, WI, ND, SD, TX) that should be inspected at common intervals as required by state and federal laws.
Xcel Vitality, Inc. is a utility holding firm with a service firm (Xcel Vitality Companies) and 4 wholly owned utility subsidiaries that serve electrical and pure gasoline prospects. PAU was established in 2014 for industrial UAS operations. They’re a sister firm of Phoenix Air Group, Inc. (PAG) that’s an FAA-certificated Half 135 operator with worldwide working authority. PAG offers passenger service for U.S. and Allied Governments, worldwide air ambulance service and excessive precedence air cargo service, together with the transport of explosives and harmful items with a fleet of 50 plus plane (together with Gulfstream, Learjet and Embraer plane). Within the coming years PAU plans to broaden their fleet of certificated UAS to offer inspection companies to different prospects required to carry out linear inspection companies.
Present Idea of Operations
The uswill be operated to examine Xcel Vitality’s transmission line infrastructure and should have the ability to assist the next operational assumptions:
• Vertical takeoff from the world to be inspected. For instance, electrical transmission line inspections would originate and terminate at substations
• Autopilot flight from mission begin to mission finish over the centerline of the infrastructure below inspection
• Pilot in Command (PIC) might be in a cell floor station car
• Onboard DAA or collision avoidance used at the side of ground-based surveillance from FAA SBS information feed accessible to PIC in floor station
• Terrestrial C2 hyperlinks will be offered at ends of transmission line section solely and should be put in on floor station car. SATCOM C2 hyperlinks should have the ability to connect with floor station car. Both or each options are acceptable
• Plane is operated both below Half 107 or Half 91 however should have acceptable FAA airworthiness approval required for a Half 107 Waiver or in accordance with the 14 CFR Half 91 working guidelines
At present the sensors required to perform the Xcel Vitality inspection necessities are listed under. Nonetheless increased efficiency and decrease weight sensors are desired:
o 2 Part One iXM-RS150F cameras
Pixel dimension lower than .25cm at prime of construction
o RIEGL VUX-1 LiDAR system
10mm survey-grade accuracy
Desired Efficiency Necessities
Desired efficiency necessities are listed under, and we search UAS suppliers who can meet the bulk or all these parameters. We request an in depth response that describes your plane’s capability to satisfy these efficiency standards.
Your response ought to determine the make and mannequin plane that you’re proposing and the power to satisfy the precise standards under.
The response ought to element all FAA waivers and/or exemptions which have been granted in your UAS. Please submit your response no later than March 27, 2020.
Unmanned Plane Efficiency
Primarily based on our expertise in 2 years of operations gathering information on transmission line infrastructure, we imagine the next standards signify a minimal set of efficiency standards to realize price efficient operational efficiency. We’re in search of plane that may meet or exceed these standards.
• Plane Vary: 40nm
• Minimal Flight Velocity: Hover
• Max Cruise Velocity: 50kts
• Price of Climb: 20 Ft Per Second
• Takeoff/Touchdown Profile: VTOL
• Ceiling: 14,000ft MSL
• Cargo Capability: 30 lbs
• MTBF: 1,000 hours
The plane is an information assortment platform; due to this fact, payload integration and operation are necessary points of the design. We count on the suite of sensors to broaden past these at present used. We additionally anticipate that use instances will broaden to visible inspection of Xcel Vitality infrastructure along with transmission strains. To accommodate these future wants, the united statesshould be designed to: